9 Reasons for Giving a Gift on the 4th of July
- Acknowledge neighbors with secular sainthood. It’s a holiday and people complete feats on that day, e.g. organize a neighbor hood BBQ.
- A friend gets you a ticket to the holiday MLB game. What about modern sainthood for that person?
- Think of the families who travel to join your family. They are destined for sainthood.
- A sibling and family drive from a very distant place to be with your family for the holiday. He and other picnickers like him are real life saints.
- 4th of July is a great day for awarding veterans with heroic secular sainthood
- Commemorating a special coach or teacher is always appropriate. Even more appropriate is a gift of modern sainthood for them.
- A way to show your regard for a dedicated and patriotic Scout or Scout leader is honoring such a person as a secular saint.
- Consider a prize for the winner of a difficult game at your picnic at the park or beach.
- Honor the person who has to work on the holiday like our fire fighters, police officers, restaurant workers, the barista. All deserve to be a secular saints.